Hiring professional drivers for external routes and to drive trucks with tarpaulin, with experience on containers, platforms, trailers or refrigerated containers.
The individual work contract is registered in Romania, in accordance with the laws of our country, for an indeterminate period of time and the job description and drivers manual are annexed to it.
We have created this manual in order to improve the working conditions for the WSD Capacity drivers, as well as for their safety, the safety of the clients and the environment. WSD Capacity drivers are the calling card of the company in the eyes of our clients, as they work closely with them. Drivers must respect certain rules. The rules are described in the new Driver’s Manual.
Work is carried out during the course of 6 weeks in the community, respectively Western-Europe – Holland – Poland, Great Britain, France, Spain, Italy, Austria, Germany, Denmark, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Belgium and in the course of 2 weeks, the employee will return home where they will be on holiday or take days off aside from the working period. Communication with the dispatchers is carried out via a GPS communication system. The dispatchers have both Romanian and Polish citizenship, communication with them will be carried out in English.
The driver exchange is done at the bases in Holland and Germany. The trucks on which our drivers work are Volvo, DAF, Iveco, MAN, Euro5 and Euro6 engines for an increased level of comfort while driving. These trucks are equipped with comfortable beds, refrigerators, adapter plugs, communication and navigation system, phone and other facilities.
Also, the trucks are equipped with 4 batteries: 2 for ignition and 2 for consumption.
Seeing as having the necessary abilities for driving as a professional driver are important to us, we have decided to give less experienced drivers the chance to practice their skills alongside an experienced driver, as part of a crew, working towards a better grasp of these, for a determined period of time, finally driving by themselves, without a crew. This is why we are hiring drivers with or without experience as professional drivers in the community. Experience constitutes an advantage towards employment.
The following documents and abilities are necessary for employment:
- Having the ADR
Transport – internal and international – road dangerous cargo transport is accomplished in accordance with the European Agreement pertaining to international road transport of dangerous cargo – ADR.
This certificate establishes the applicable provisions pertaining to the classification, packing, marking, labeling of dangerous cargo. This includes specific prescriptions as far as how the vehicle or tank is utilized, as well as stipulations referring to the way loading, filling, unloading etc. operations are to be conducted.
- Owning the tachograph card
The tachograph card is a memory card designed to be used with a digital tachograph and is issued by the Romanian Road Authority -A.R.R., through its territorial agencies. The tachographic card allows the identification of its owner, unloads and stores data.
- Owning the Certificate of professional training.
In order to perform a road transport, respectively to exercise their profession, drivers must own the professional training certificate. Drivers who own permits for the categories C1, C1E, C and CE, respectively D1, D1E, D and DE must have an initial certificate of professional qualification (CPI) or a certificate of continuous professional qualification (CPC). The CPI and CPC certificate are valid for the type of road transport accomplished by the driver, respectively cargo road transport or people road transport, are valid for 5 years and are issued by the Romanian Road Authority – ARR.
- Owning a license for the categories B, C and E,
- a vehicle with a total maximum authorized mass does not exceed 3.500 Kg and doesn’t exceed 8 seats, excluding the driver’s seat.
- the assembly of vehicles comprised from a pulling B category vehicle and a trailer with a total maximum mass does not exceed 750 Kg.
- the assembly of vehicles with their total authorized maximum mass exceeds 750 Kg and the total authorized maximum mass of the entire assembly exceeds 3500 Kg.
- A vehicle, other than the D category, with a total maximum authorized mass that exceeds 3500 Kg;
- The assembly comprised of one C category vehicle and a trailer with a maximum authorized total mass that exceeds 750 Kg;
Category DE consists of:
- the assembly of vehicles comprised of a pulling D category vehicle and a trailer with a maximum authorized total mass that exceeds 750 Kg. The trailer must not be destined for passenger transport.
- Subcategory D1E – the assembly of vehicles comprised of a pulling Subcategory D1 vehicle and a trailer with a maximum authorized total mass that exceeds 750 Kg with the condition that the total maximum authorized total mass of the assembly does not exceed 12000 Kg, and the total maximum authorized total mass of the trailer does not exceed the pulling vehicle’s mass. The trailer must not be destined for passenger transport.
The person requesting the examination in order to obtain a license valid for Category C, D or the subcategories C1 or D1 must have previously obtained the right to drive Category B vehicles or, on a case-by-case basis, to have been declared “admitted” in the exam for the obtaining of the Category B license.
- Good command of the English language at a medium or advanced level (constitutes an advantage).
These are necessary to facilitate communication with the dispatchers or the personnel present at the loading/unloading sites or authorities of the states they transit through.
Travel expenses provided by WSD:
- Transport to the location at which the service is provided, respectively Germany, will be handled by our company. This will be accomplished via bus or plane, on a case-by-case basis. Departures will take place every 2 weeks, usually on Thursday.
Receiving equipment upon departure:
- Equipment will be offered by our company and will consist of boots, in accordance with each wearer’s shoe size, protective goggles, protective gloves, work helmet.
Receiving advances upon departure
- Employees can request an advance in euro, which will be deducted at a later time from their salary for the corresponding month.
- Each month, funds will be allocated for the rewarding of driver performance. These will consist of bonuses, in euro, depending on each employee’s experience, courtesy in dealing with collaborators, professionalism in the handling of their responsibilities.
Medical coverage for the entire family
- This section is handled by our partnership with the HyperClinic MedLife through various types of subscriptions offered to our employees, as well as their families. More details here.
- Cooperation with one of the most important banks on the Romanian market, Raiffeisen Bank. This collaboration works towards a better coordination of the company’s, as well as our employees economic activities.
As per the above, we offer a wide range of benefits which can be utilized by all WSD Capacity employees. More details here.